Saturday, December 20, 2008

Wonderful friends

I had my surgery on the 17th. I have to give a few "shout outs" to some people that have been helping to take care of me.

First of all, a big thank you to Rich for taking me to the hospital the day of the surgery, and waiting on me, getting medicine, taking care of the kids, etc. Rich also helped me the morning I got out of the shower and was passing out and called around to the ER and my doctor to find out what to do with me when I was having a really rough time last night. So, thank you Rich for being there.

Second, thanks to my Mom for being there the day after my surgery. She took care of me all day even though she had a horrible sinus infection. It's always very very good to have you Mom take care of you when you're sick- there's nobody that can do a better job than that!

Third, thanks to my kids for helping out in their own way. They have both been running little errands for me by getting me drinks, medicine, picking stuff up for me, getting the tv remote, etc. They are good little caretakers and I'm very proud of them. They especially hand out a lot of kisses and hugs!

Fourth, I have such wonderful friends that I love just like they were family. On Friday during the day, Joel came over and kept me entertained with some random stories and chit chat. It was nice to sit up for a while and visit. Then later that night, Jeannie and Joi came over and sat in the bed with me and they kept me up to date on all the latest gossip. I've also had several people call just to say hey. So, a big thank you to my friends for being so wonderful.

Anyway, I've been recouping through this surgery and think I'm doing pretty well today. Last night was a rough night for me, but it turns out I have an infection as well as recovering from surgery, so hopefully I'll be on the mend a little faster now. It is my family and friends that always get me through things and I just wanted to say thanks to all!

No comments: