Friday, May 1, 2009

Cool pix

So, I've been a bit busy lately, but I've had time for some cool pix and a twilight party!
First, I got a new camera for my upcoming trip to Spain- it's my mother's day/birthday gift all rolled into one. I had a lot of trouble deciding between an advanced point and shoot and a dslr, but after looking, chose the Nikon P90 advanced point and shoot. I know it won't take as amazing of shots as a dslr would, but the final decision maker was that the dslrs in my price range don't take video, and with 2 active boys that is an absolute must have for me. So one day when the dslr videos come down to my range, I shall own one, but for now, I think I've found a pretty good substitute.
This camera has 12.1 megapixels which means I can enlarge to poster size without giving up any sharpness to the pictures. This will come in handy for those awesome shots of Spain I plan on getting this summer! I can make posters for my classroom! It also has 24x optical zoom, which means I can zoom way way way in! Cool! There are also a ton of manual settings on this camera which means I can play with it and try to get that perfect shot. So, once again, it will be a good practice camera for the future dslr video!
Here are some shots from around my yard:




I sure wish the sun would come back out so I could go get some more shots!!

Last Saturday evening I went to my friend Sarah's house for a Twilight party....basically teenage vampires that she and some of my other friends are obsessed with....It was a fun party and of course we always have to take goofy pics...I used paint to change this one up a bit. We are all vamps here:
Anyway, I've been nonstop busy, and hope to catch up on the blog soon!

No comments: