My little guy just turned 8 years old. I love him so very much!
Stephen is a great kid! He will try and do just about anything and once he sets his mind to it, he is very determined! He seems rough and abrasive on the outside because he's a little fighter and does not take any crap off of anyone! That's really not his true nature, because he's actually very sensitive and gets his feelings hurt very quickly. He also cares about people a lot and whenever I'm sick or upset about something, he comes up to me and will say something to the effect of how sorry he is I don't feel good or whatever is wrong. Then he gets teary eyed and gives me a big hug. He will sit there and just pat my arm if he thinks something is wrong. He's a big helper and loves to help bake things or work in the yard.
He is pretty small for his age, so he's always trying to prove how big he is. He was very excited last year when he was finally tall enough to ride some of the larger roller coasters. This year we got him a motorcycle. He's been zooming up and down our road ever since.
He started off in school with struggling with reading. He's now reading like a champ and can spell really well too. He has had the same best friend for 3 years now. Once he likes somebody, he really really likes that person! Everybody says he looks like me and acts just like Rich-very true!
I named him after my Dad, also Stephen Lee and he really takes to him a lot. They love to tell "crack head the elephant" stories and take walks through the woods.
He's at a funny age right now- he still really likes the things that he liked when he was young, like Thomas the Tank Engine, but he won't admit it to save his soul. He started crying the other day and saying how much he still liked Thomas but couldn't tell anybody else because everybody else thought it was for babies.
He absolutely idolizes his older brother, Richie, even though they fight like dogs! Stephen absolutely has to like everything that Richie does, so he pushes it a little with him sometimes.
Anyway, I'm so very happy that he is my son and I'm so very proud of him for being who he is. He started out life as a fighter and I know he'll do great things one day.
2 comments:
Awww..Melissa. This was so sweet.
I loved reading this! It is so sweet and so true! You are such a wonderful mother! I hope you had a great Mother's Day!
Post a Comment