Friday, June 12, 2009

Playing catch up....

{This blog today is dedicated to my ya yas...who told me to update this darn thing because they were tired of looking at my shingles head.... I told them that I was way behind because I had missed so much and had so much to say that it was hard to say anything. So here is a catch up blog. Starting with Mother's Day....}

I am very thankful for my wonderful Mother and my wonderful kids.

I think I have the best mother and kids in the entire world and wouldn't trade them for anything. My Mom has always been there for me, even sometimes when I didn't want her to be! But, like they always say, you won't understand the things your mother said and did until you become one yourself. How true! I find myself sort of turning into her sometimes and things that she did that didn't used to make sense to me now do.

I'm so happy that she made it through her battle with cancer and we still have her around- and I want to keep it that way! I love you Mom and I think you're amazing.

Being a mom myself is the thing that makes me most happy. I can simply look at my kids and become happy- it's that simple! I think they are so beautiful and funny and smart and caring and I know that they will be wonderful men. I don't care what they do when they are older as long as they are happy. If I have to die trying, I will always try to make sure that they are happy. I love the way they look, smell, move, breathe. The feeling of their arms around my neck or their hands in mine is such a wonderful part of life. I love it when they want to sit by me, be with me, smile at me, sing to me or show me something that they think is important. Out of everything in the world, they are my greatest accomplishment and one thing that I will always be proud of.
So thanks kids and thanks Mom for being so wonderful and making Mother's Day such a special time!

No comments: