So, two days this week I was off school due to the cold weather. It was seriously chilly out there and they don't want the little kiddos to freeze to death as they wait for the busses, so that equals days to just hang out and have fun for those of us that have cars that we can heat up!
Thursday, I kept my kids home from school with me. It wasn't because I thought it was too cold! I just thought that since our Christmas break was screwed up so badly due to all of the weird things happening, it would be nice to take a day and just play around with them. We woke up late, laid around in our pjs all day and played the new favorite video game Little Big Planet and made some brownies. I also let them eat like crap all day long, such as pizza rolls for breakfast and brownies that we made for lunch along with some cheetos... I know, I'm supposed to be the one in charge of making sure they're healthy.... and I usually try to make sure they're eating ok, but this was supposed to be our fun day, and so I figured hey- brownies for lunch one day isn't going to kill anybody. We spent a good 4 hours playing that goofy game, and then watched some TV and that was mostly it. After Rich got home, he made a regular dinner and so it was time to go over spelling words and get into the swing of things.
On Friday, I sent the kids to school. Richie has already missed about 3 to 4 days due to migraines. He's a good student, but I don't want him to miss too much. Our fun day was Stephen's first sick day, but he had a special stuffed animal day at school he had been looking forward to, and I didn't want him to miss it. They were OK with going for the most part. We're all off until Tuesday, so they have another day off shortly.
Since the kids were at school, I messed around making some videos on my computer from events like Day of the Dead and Step Team....things I needed to catch up on! After that, I went to Fairview Heights and went to a few stores like Kohl's, Old Navy, etc. The only thing I ended up with was a black shirt I found at Old Navy for $2.70! I struck a bargain with that one!!! They were having a pretty good sale. Kohl's was too, but I hate shopping there because their sale racks are just a big jumbled mess. When you do find something, it's really cheap, but it takes too long for me to find anything, and I give up! After shopping I went to lunch at Bread Co. with my friend Joel and chatted most of the afternoon away. Then I went home and the kids and I were at home alone, since Rich had a trivia night at his school. We rented a goofy movie the kids wanted to see and I ended up falling asleep rather early.
Today, I'll probably straighten up the house a bit and maybe try to tackle cleaning up my closet, or some other weird project like that. I have the symphony tonight, so I can't wear myself out too much! I'll probably get sucked into another wild game of Little Big Planet at some point. At least our whole family is obsessed with this thing, so it gives us something to do together!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment