Tuesday, January 27, 2009

SNOW DAY!!!!!!!!! woot woot!!


So today was snow day number 6 for my school and number 1 for the kids. We decided to enjoy it fully by going sledding!

First of all, we went to our old spot, Glidden Park in Collinsville. This is a pretty good spot to sled, the hill is steep and there are no trees around! We got all bundled up, went to breakfast at Cracker Barrel, and headed out to the hill. The 3 stooges were taking bets on how many times I would go down because I get too cold and because I do not like climbing back up the hill after wards... I made it to 4 times at this hill. I had to sit in the car a few times to warm up in between. It was fun but very cold!!!


After that, we decided to try out Art Hill in front of the art museum in St. Louis. I was worried about driving on the roads because it was starting to sleet and every so often we would see a car in a ditch, but we made it. I was very pleasantly surprised to find that the hill is AWESOME...and that THERE WAS A FIRE BURNING!!! Gotta love that!!!


The news crews were out there and of course the kids had to try to be seen on TV, so as the guy was reporting they were in the background waving and acting like all of the other fools we see on tv in the backs of reporters!


I managed to go down the hill at Art Hill about 5-6 times.
After the sledding, we got some hot chocolate and went home and played Little Big Planet on playstation 3....

I absolutely love this game! So does everybody that plays it! It is the most amazing game I have ever played! The creativity behind it is absolutely mind blowing! I highly recommend this to anyone with ps3. We're all addicted to it and when we are all 4 here it's the first thing that pops into mind!

What a fun day! I hope we're off again tomorrow!

No comments: