Sunday, February 22, 2009

Monster Jam Day disappointed

So, the day started off pretty fun- I got the kids ready to go to Monster Jam by dyeing their hair (and mine) and getting all set up in warm gear to brave the line for the Pit Party.

We braved the line and tried to stay warm by huddling together as best we could and overall were getting pumped!

After braving the cold, we went inside to the pit party. It was neat to be able to walk around on the area where the monster trucks would soon be crashing and smashing and to take our picture with the trucks, but the lines for the "big ones" like Grave Digger and Maxximum Destruction were like 2 hours long, so there was no way that we were going to be able to have them sign our merchandise....that was disappointment number one. I don't think we'll do the pit party again because that just set up the rest of the disappointments!


This last pic is me and the kids in front of Grave Digger- my absolute favorite!!! I love this truck, even though Dennis Anderson wasn't driving this year, I still would have liked to have met him!

After we decided we were finished with the pits, we went over to Spaghetti Factory and put our name in. They said an hour and 15 minute wait time. OK- expected and at least we had a warm place to wait while waiting 4 more hours for the regular monster jam to start. Well, the 1:15 turned into 2, which turned into 2:15, etc.....pretty soon we were getting irate and Rich had already checked on our table a few times. That's when he discovered that the lady had let other people that were after us on the list go ahead of us because they were complaining to the manager. Well, we all know that the squeaky wheel always gets the oil, but really??? When we were ahead of them on the list??? What is fair about that? We had been waiting for 2 hours as well. Anyway, it ended up that we arrived at 3:45 at the restaurant, and at 6:15 I told Rich I wasn't waiting there any more and we could just go to the Edward Jones Dome and eat a hot dog for dinner! I wouldn't have been so upset had the stupid hostess not let others in front of us that had signed up behind us!!

My Mom and Dad joined us this year:

Rich and Stephen:

Richie's ready to Jam:

My fave truck, Grave Digger!!!
Usually the best at destruction, Maxximum Destruction didn't even get to freestyle after he blew his engine in racing:
After that, we went in, our seats were great and we ate our "snack dinner". The whole monster jam was disappointing because I don't go for the racing. The racing was ok, but I really want to watch those trucks tear the heck out of the cars, busses and other obstacles, not to mention do their wheelies, shoot flames, etc. Once we got to freestyle, it seemed like every truck lasted about :30 and then flipped and had some kind of damage so that he couldn't go on. What a crock of shit! I paid for these tickets a year ago, waited very excitedly and then got there and didn't even get to see my favorite two- Grave Digger and Maxximum Destruction tear the arena up??? I was absolutely heart broken and realize that sometimes there are circumstances beyond control, but since almost every truck was damaged it was like there really wasn't even a freestyle.....I'm disappointed. I don't know if it's because they were taken over by someone else in september or if it's because they've tightened regulations due to that child dying on Jan 17 after a piece of a truck hit him, but I say let the guys get out and tear those trucks up! That death was the first in Monster Jam history and although it's heartbreaking, it's just an odd thing that happened. Probably the reason that the little boy was even at Monster Jam is because he liked to watch them tear stuff up too... Anyway, the driver of Air Force Afterburner came out and tore some stuff up because the crowd was starting to boo. He did a great job, but it wasn't the same as watching the drivers tear stuff up and try to outdo each other. What a bum night.

1 comment:

Tati said...

Thank you so much for the miscositas resource! I really appreciate it! Looks like you have a fun, fun family! I also have a passion for everything Latin! Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Tati