Saturday, March 7, 2009

Busy busy busy

I haven't posted on here in quite a while. It seems like life gets rolling and then all of a sudden I have twenty thousand things I've done.

A few weeks ago, I had an evening of tapas with friends at Modesto's restaurant. Basically, a bunch of Spanish teachers sitting around having a wonderful time eating some delicious Spanish food. I love Modesto's and it is probably my favorite restaurant of all. I especially love the dátiles rellenos and the olive tapenade. They are absolutely astounding and I am up for them any time.....

Here I am with "mis amigas":

Me, Joi and Jeannie....I love these girls and I'm so happy any time we get to spend some time together.


Me with Joanna and Myriam:Me with Marion (the lady I student taught for) and two of my student teachers....one big happy 3 generation family:
Here I am with Marion:
And Jeannie:
The next weekend I went to see an Aztec exhibit. Most of the pieces were from the National Museum of Anthropology. It was a fantastic exhibit and very well put together! As we all know, I am fascinated by anything Aztec or Mayan so the day was absolutely fantastic for me! I'm so very happy that I have a wonderful friend that is willing to go to these sorts of weird things with me...

Here Joel and I are outside of the exhibit:
After the exhibit, we went to La Cocina de Frida, or Frida's kitchen. A Mexican restaurant decorated in all Frida decor. I had the dish called Bomba Frida and it was pretty good.


Today, some friends and I headed to the Loop. I adore the loop, and on a day like today, it's even more spectacular because the weather was so gorgeous!! Tons of people were strolling up and down the street looking into the shops, restaurants, etc. Our first stop was Pi, a spectacular pizza place!! I love this pizza, and I think I've written about it before on here, so I won't keep gushing about it.


Me and Joi at Pi:


After Pi, we decided to try St. Louis Bubble Tea. I have never had boba tea before, so my friends decided I needed to try some. We walked from Pi to Bubble Tea:


I was confused about what exactly boba was. It is a brown semi-solid ball of goo, sort of like tapioca is in pudding. That seemed strange enough to me, but when I walked in, there were like 170 different choices of boba tea:

They do give free samples if you ask, and the sample we had was Boba Milk Tea. It tasted pretty good, so I decided to go for it as my first choice. I guess since I do like it, I may as well start with number one and work my way down all 170 choices.....
This is boba tea...the brown things are the boba, and notice the extra wide straw for sucking the boba up into your mouth along with the tea....Here I am with Ben, my student teacher...



This is Joi trying her first boba as well....

And me and Jeannie...a boba veteran:

Dave and Joi...
Jeannie and Lauren. Lauren's is a boba veteran as well...
This is Ben showing us how boba can launch through the air...Lauren took a great picture...see the projectile boba?
And here I am with my first boba....

I'm sure I'll have some more to say about the rest of my weekend after tomorrow...I hope the weather stays nice so I can get outside a little with the kids!

2 comments:

Joi said...

Yay for fun times with friends.

I ♥ ya, girl!!!!

Anonymous said...

yay!!! What a fun day!