Thursday, March 19, 2009

Golytely does not hold up to its name!!!

I drank the drink. All I can say is this stupid stuff tastes like ocean water. The first cup I sucked down super fast with a straw, set a timer for 10 minutes, did it again. I lasted through about an hour like that and was proud. The next half hour was a struggle- I had to grab some gum and chew on it to keep from throwing up... I started to wonder why I hadn't gone to the bathroom yet....I hit my 13th cup or so and...here it came!!! Oh my lord! I hadn't eaten for 2 days! Where was all of this coming from? I think I eliminated food yesterday that I ate back in high school!

Once it got really bad, Rich had to bring the cups into the bathroom for me so that I could pour it in one end and pour it right back out the other. Eventually he and the kids were eating dinner and I tried to get up and get it myself and I ended up throwing up in the trash can and going to the bathroom all over myself. Nice.

Finally about 8:00 last night, after a call to the doctor, who told me to take a break because I was throwing up, but to finish the medicine after the break, I was shooting clear liquid out-so fast I thought I would launch off of the toilet at times- but it was clear. Thank God because I couldn't handle any more of that nasty stuff without throwing up! I hope that's good enough for this stupid test today cause I just couldn't finish the jug.

The name of this mess is "Golytely"...ha! You definitely do not "Go lightly"!!!!

I have an amazing headache after my night of wild diarrhea and I can't take anything this morning. The diarrhea has still not stopped...I hope I don't blast the guy on the table! Oh what a messed up test this is!!!

I didn't get to take pills, but this is sort of what it's like....even though I'm a girl:

No comments: