Saturday, October 11, 2008

Wow! It's been a while!

I haven't had time to breathe, let alone mess around with a blog! The last 2 weeks have been non-stop for me and my kids. My kids have both had open houses (on 2 separate nights), soccer games, friends spending the night, etc. I have been staying late as the sponsor of our school's step and hip-hop team trying to get our routines down just right for the parade that we were in on Wednesday night and the homecoming assembly we had yesterday. We also had family birthdays and a few weird nights in there as well. Plus, I was gone 2 days to get training for the Student Assistance Program at our school and I had to catch up my classes on their work. Whew! I can breathe for a little bit now! My nutty nutty week is over!

Stephen has been having a little bit of a problem at school because he doesn't feel like he has any friends this year in his class. The last 2 years he's been in a "looping" program at his school so he had the same teacher and kids since kindergarten. We all know he's not one for change, so this year with a new teacher and new kids is throwing him into shock. I've been trying to have friends over from his class so that he can start to meet and have fun with some new kids. Anyway, that seems to be going well, and now he has at least 2 boys that he does like. I hope the crying stops soon.

Richie has reached the age that drives me nuts...sort of a pre-teen, slob, smart-aleck wreck. Don't get me wrong, he's still a wonderful kid and I know that deep down he's got a heart of gold. Those pre-teen problems are starting to emerge....wants to do one of 4 things all of the time and nothing else: 1. eat 2. be with friends 3. play video games 4. watch tv. I have noticed that the reading is dropping off in him which I do NOT like, so we have had to tell him that from Sunday night through Thursday night he can not watch tv or play video games. If he's bored he should grab a book or play a game. That makes him mad, but at least he's reading again. He's eating now like 24 hours a day. We can finish a meal and honest to God 25 minutes later he is saying, "Mom, can I have something to eat?" WTF??? Then, he also is taking snacks and drinks in his bedroom and leaving trash and dirty dishes in there. I found a big bunch of ants in there the other day all attracted to an empty glass with just enough sweet stuff on there to send out the scent. UGH!! I'm glad I have a maid to help get me through this one!

I'm not complaining. They are both the love of my life, but we are in a crazy time right now with Stephen crying a lot and Richie smarting off and slobbing out while he eats. YIKES!

No comments: