Sunday, November 23, 2008

Film fest is over

Well, the film fest is over tonight- and I have to say that I really enjoyed it. I managed to see 5 films- Humboldt County, Late Bloomers, The Pope's Toilet, Timecrimes and Used Parts. The last 3 were in Spanish, and of course that just added to the enjoyment. Out of all of the films, the German one, Late Bloomers was my favorite. The ladies in that film just absolutely caught my affection from the start and I could see me and my girlfriends being old and being in that situation and helping each other through. I enjoyed the rest of the films too, even though I'm still a bit confused by the Timecrimes. That was a story about a man being tricked into a time machine after he witnesses a "crime". I'm not going to write out the entire story here, but anything to do with traveling through time sort of confuses me, because of course, this affects that, which affects something else, etc. Over the course of the week, I got to spend time with friends and get out of the house quite a bit and that was fun too.

I'm already looking forward to next year's festival- and would love to go to the Sundance film festival at some point in the future. That's a definite on my "bucketlist".

No comments: