I thought that the TSO only played Christmas music, and when my Mom said she wanted us all to go to the concert with her, I thought that is what we'd be hearing. I have heard their Christmas music, mostly at my parents' house, and liked it, but the main reason I was going to go to the concert was to spend some time with my family and make my Mom happy.
Well, let me tell you, I was really mistaken on that point of view!
The TSO not only does amazing Christmas music, where they put a "rockin out twist" to it, but they also perform several classical pieces (several of my favorite classical pieces) with that same "rockin out twist" on it!!! After the first half, when they were mostly finished with their Christmas story, they pulled out piece after piece of amazing music!
Of course, their big thing is that they are amazing with special effects and the lasers, flames, fog, etc was outstanding. Even if you weren't enjoying the music, just to watch all that was involved in the concert was enough to keep you occupied.
I looked at my kids several times during the show and they were bobbing heads and clapping....to Mozart, Bach, Beethoven....WOW!!! Somebody had finally helped them to appreciate all of the amazing beauty I see in classical music! Of course, when you ask them what their favorite part about the show was, they reply, "The fire!" But they heard those precious melodies in a very updated way and I hope that that somehow inspires them to take another look at classical music.
Two of my favorite pieces of the concert were when they busted out with O Fortuna from Carmina Burana and the "finale" piece. Here are some clips. They are not video that I took, I didn't bring my camera. It's just so you can experience a little of what I did last night....I have to say, that my parents must rock to like such things....THANKS FOR THE AWESOME NIGHT MOM AND DAD!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment