Saturday, September 20, 2008

My sweet babies

These two guys are my sweet sweet babies. I can't express in words how much I love them and everything about them. Ever since the days that I found out I was pregnant with each of them they have been the most important part of my life.

They're both getting older now and turning into Boys. Which means that they don't want to cuddle as much or hold hands or give me a kiss or hug. That's pretty hard to take, but I know that just means they're starting to gain a little independence. They'd also much rather be with their friends than hanging out with Mom. Sad. I still get some Mom moments with them though.

I love when they tell me a "secret" or a problem. I love that Richie comes and talks to me about his "girl problems". I love that Stephen tells me how sad he is that his best friend isn't in his class this year. I love that when they are sick or hurt that I'm the one that they want. I also love that when I'm sick or hurt they are really good caretakers. Hopefully I've influenced them enough to be sensitive males when they're older and not insensitive brutes.

I took this picture at the park this summer. It is one of my favorites. I plan to have it enlarged to put over the fireplace with my new Uppercase Living saying "The laughter of a child is the light of the home." Very very true.

1 comment:

Joi said...

I love it!

All of those pics you took that day were great---I remember!

See you tomorrow!