Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Lots to be happy about

Well, today has been wonderful. First, it's Tuesday so the lady that cleans the house came today. It is still so magical to walk in and the house is clean!!!! The kids' rooms were a MESS this morning and now, they look great!!! The windows are done, the mildew is gone from the shower, floors and appliances are sparkly....I just feel so relaxed and peaceful and not like I have to rush in and start cleaning something. I love love love having a lady to clean the house!!!! It even looks like the mini blinds are dusted. I'm so happy.

Second thing that is wonderful about today is the fact that I have 8 kids signed up and money deposited for going to Spain in the summer of 09. I have never been to Spain, but it looks like I'm going to be there in about 9 months. I'm working really hard to get at least 12 so that Jeannie can go with me and Joi is working hard to get 6 from Granite City so that she can go as well. I think that student trips are wonderful and add so much to kids' world experience. For every 6 that sign up a teacher goes for free, so I can't complain about how much work it is, or the constant knot that is in my stomach when I am abroad with students. It is a constant worry that something bad will happen, but I have to say that it is worth it.

Third thing wonderful about today is that my kids and I played Sorry most of last evening. They were having so much fun that we're going to play again tonight. I love playing board games with them. They're so funny and take it so much to heart if they're winning or losing. It's a fun way to spend time together that doesn't involve any money.

Anyway, today is a great day!

No comments: