If you know me at all, you know how extremely special my Grandma was to me. I miss her so bad each and every day of my life. She spoiled me rotten, I used to cry and scream when it was time to leave her house and go back home because I had so much fun with her. She knew how to make me feel like I was the most important person in the world no matter what age I was.
She had a beauty from within that shone so brightly. She was the kindest person that I know.
She set a wonderful example of how to be a mother, grandmother and great-grandmother. She loved all children and they loved her.
She helped me get through some rough times and was always there for me unconditionally. She always told me that I'd never be too old to sit on her lap and even when I was in my early 30s she still had me sit there. When I was a kid and had any sort of problem, we would always take a walk and talk about what was wrong. She always knew how to solve the problem.
She used to tell me about how much she loved her Grandma and how it nearly killed her when they put her in a nursing home. I now understand what she meant.
She told me so many other things about life that I thought would never happen, but sure enough they did.
I still remember the way she looked, smelled, held my hand and hugged me so tight. I don't want these memories to fade.
This is me when I was little with her in my bedroom:
This is us playing together in her living room:

This is four of the five generations. My grandma with her grandma she loved so much, my mom and me.

This is us dancing on my wedding day. She loved to jitterbug.
1 comment:
How sweet Melissa. I know how much your grandma means to you.
Post a Comment