So my ya -yas came over last night and we had a "slumber party". OK- so only 1 girl spent the night, but for almost all of us being teachers and it was a Friday after a long week at work, we made it to 11:30. That's pretty late for us.
We had the whole food and drink thing going on, so we all filled up a plate and a cup and sat around in a circle and vented about the ways that our lives seem to be insane right now. Every single one of us had something we had to get off our our chests about how the world is treating us unfairly. Thank God for our circle of friends. A lot of stuff gets hashed out in that circle, and I swear if we couldn't vent to each other the world would see 7 angry women all of the time.
We get each other through the sad times, the mad times, the what the heck??? times. We are all at the age where we have been in love, hurt, proud, scared, angered, and every other emotion.
When you're 16 and you're having a slumber party, you giggle about cute boys and complain that your Mom and Dad are trying to butt in your life too much. When you're 36 and having a slumber party, you aren't giggling about the boys anymore. They've hurt you and you're coming to the realization that it takes the ladies in your life to get you through the heart ache. You're not complaining that Mom and Dad are trying to butt in anymore. You are hoping that they stick around for a long time because you see that they might not be as invincible as they once seemed.
But, of course the camera still comes out. Instead of doing "pyramids" and climbing on top of each others' backs and taking pictures like we used to do, now we have to make crazy faces. Maybe this is to hide the newly forming wrinkles, or maybe because we really do not want full body shots, so we focus on the face. But thank goodness for digital cameras that allow multiple tries so that we can cut out the pictures we don't really want anyone to see.
Here are some of my fave shots from last night:
Ya yas: I know you're going to check these pics out today. I love you all dearly and I am thankful that you are in my life.
2 comments:
Fun pics for a fun time!
♥ ya!
Missa.....I love your writing style. So true....all of it!! I love my yayas and I couldn't make it through life without all of you!!
Post a Comment