Thursday, August 7, 2008

Closing out the Muny...

Well the 2008 season at the Muny is about over. I went to my last show for the season tonight with my buddy Richie to see Fiddler on the Roof. I think it was wonderful, but was not extremely impressed with the guy playing Tevye. He had a good singing voice, but not a good talking voice. I think that Topol is the ultimate Tevye, maybe nobody can beat him in my opinion....Anyway, Richie went with me to the final show of the season, and he seemed to like it...I got lucky and TALL MAN and his wife weren't there tonight, so the seats in front of us were empty!!! Yay!!! I at least had a good view of the last show! Anyway, I am always sad to see the Muny season come to an end, because that means that summer is just about over. Tonight was also sad because they dedicated the show to Bruce Adler, a longtime performer at the Muny. He died not too long ago and will be missed.

In other news, I got my tickets to see Lila Downs this morning!!! Her upcoming concert in March is something that I have been waiting for for over 2 years (since the last time I saw her). After poking around on the Sheldon website for a while, I also noticed that they are including Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata in the classical series this year there. I will definitely have to go to that also, because that is my favorite non-Mozart classical piece! I know, I'm a nerd. Oh well, I love love love music and can't get enough of it from salsa to classical, to country, to heavy metal, to blues to etc. etc. etc.

No comments: