Saturday, August 23, 2008

My first week is over!

39 more to go! I had a great first week with my students. I think my classes are wonderful and I'm very happy that I have the same classes, schedule, etc. as last year. I am still trying to get to know all of their names, but with about 150 of them, it will take me a while. My classes are huge this year- my smallest is 29! I'm up to 34 in the one class. I'm happy that that many kids are taking Spanish, because I'm just one of eight!

I miss my friends Joi and Michelle really badly! My daily routine just isn't the same without them- In fact, I'm already planned and copied through the first chapters and I was sitting there the other day wondering what to do. I don't have my before and after school in depth conversations every day like I did the last several years.

On a bright note, I think that the medicine that I take every night for my neck/shoulder/head pain is really helping! I've been taking that for about a week, and I haven't felt any pain during the night, or the majority of the day. About 5:00 I start to get a little achy, and then since I'm in school, I've been going to bed about 9:00, so I take another dose then. I hope it keeps working until November when I can get the next rounds of shots that last for about 3-4 months. Even though it is working pretty well, I don't really like taking medicine, so I'd be happy to get rid of it.

Richie and Stephen only have one more week of freedom and then they're back to school also. I have a feeling it's going to be rough on both of them to get back into the swing of things because they've been off for almost 4 months!

It looks like the new schools are coming along. The kids are excited because they will be riding the bus to and from school together with the neighbor girls that they like a lot. I love the fact that it's right across the street from our house and they won't be walking to school in the morning. I am a bit disappointed that we aren't using the staff daycare option, but the kids seem to like this idea better.

1 comment:

Joi said...

I'm glad your week was great. I knew it would be. And, I'm ecstatic that the medicine is giving you some rest from the pain.

Looks like Richie got his way and gets to be with his "girl" after school...hehe! That'll be convenient having them right there when you get home!

;-)

I still miss you everyday. :(