Sunday, June 29, 2008

busy weekend!


Well, this weekend was NON STOP! Friday night, we celebrated my girl up top's birthday at Flavor Studios in St. Louis in the Loop Extension. Once a month at the studio where I take lessons they have a salsa party, and this particular one happened to fall on Jeannie's birthday. My friend Mendy (the one in the picture with me) and I went together. We showed up early, did the free one hour lesson, danced for a while, watched a fab Flamenco performance, danced some more, and then headed home around 12:30. It was a fun night! On Saturday morning, we both headed back to Flavor Studio for our last lesson of Intermediate I. Those double turns are going to kill me, but I keep trying! hopefully one day I'll make it around twice without falling over. The lesson was fun, and the owner of the studio bought us all bagels to celebrate. She is a real sweetheart! Saturday afternoon I headed home for a couple of hours, then off to the Marine homecoming. My friend Cindy was in town for the weekend and Marine had it's little town fair that all of the small towns around here call a homecoming. We had BBQ at her mom and dad's house, and then across the street to the town square for rides and games with my kids. The kids wanted me to ride the "octopus", which is basically this ride:
Well, after the guy let me on for free, I got on with my kids, not expecting it to be too bad. We spun around like crazy, and my cousins were down on the ground cracking up because they all said that I screamed the entire time and nobody could believe how long the guy kept us on for! The bar that went across our laps kept moving from side to side, and pinched my arm in between the bar and the ride. This is the bruise/lump I now have:
Painful! Anyway, after walking around for a while the kids decided they wanted to go back. Well, I gave the guy the tickets and after flirting a bit with him, he loaded me and the kids up and gave me our tickets back....then he said, "Are you gonna scream for me again?" and proceeded to give us another 3 minute ride...Of course I did scream again. After the carnival, we met up with my cousin Leah and her family and stayed at their house chatting until about 1 am. We woke up today and went to buy our 4th of July fireworks stash with my parents and sister and her family. Then we saw Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull....I LOVED IT!!!!! I am a huge huge fan of Indiana Jones. I think I have had a crush on him since I was a kid~ and so want to be an archaeologist- if I didn't just have to sit and dust away dirt from remains....I'd want to solve mysteries and discover lost artifacts...I know the critics hated it, but I could watch his movies over and over and over again. Something about that hat and that whip! With his scruffy face and smart aleck lines, he can do no wrong!
See what I'm talking about??????? Now I'm at home chilling out trying to get motivated to look at my class work. Probably won't happen tonight.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're a busy lady! I love that my picture made it on your blog!! I'm a star! haha