Wednesday, June 4, 2008
First Day of Summer Vacation
Today began my long awaited summer vacation. I spent the day with my two amazing sons. First, they slept in for a long time- until about 9:30. I was up late for me, 7:30, so it was nice to "sleep in" a little for me too. Since they were still asleep, I got out all of the stuff for the deck, arranged the chairs, cleaned up the front porch and did some laundry. They both got up around the same time, I got them some pancakes for breakfast, and Stephen and I did some reading together while Richie played a math game on the computer. I think Stephen needs to keep up with the reading this summer since he became really strong at that this year. Richie needs to work on math- he is like me and still doesn't know some really basic facts that will help him later when he gets to the hard stuff. So, I intend to have them practice these things every day before we do anything fun. After we did that for a while, we went to Six Flags' waterpark. We have season passes, so we can go for a few hours and it's fine, because we can always go again. It was a really nice day, but this is the first time at the water park this year, so the water was shockingly cold. We rode the rides that all 3 of us could ride together, like the Big Kahuna, the lazy river, the wave pool, etc. Then they went down the kiddie water slides together and I waited at the bottom for them. Richie went on the speed slides a few times and Stephen sat down and waited with me because as he puts it, "I still need an inch". We had funnel cakes, pretzels and lots of goodies. We came home around 5, I took a shower and worked on my class for a bit. We ate dinner and just got back from Bobby's ice cream. All in all a pretty good first day of summer. Not a whole lot accomplished, just fun in the sun with my kids.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Most fun mom ever!
You are always up for anything--trust me, your kids are going to remember every second!!!!
♥ you!
Sounds like so much fun it makes me want to join you! I really hope you enjoy the summer!
Post a Comment