Tuesday, June 3, 2008

I will miss my angel baby!










I have to write a blog about my friend Joi today because it was her last day at EHS. I want all of my friends to know that I love this girl with all of my heart and will miss her every day at school, probably until I retire. I wasn't too sure that I would like her when she started at EHS. She seemed sooooooo nice that she had to be fake, and as I am not into fake people I thought that she wouldn't be someone that I would get along with very well. Boy, was I wrong! Joi is probably one of the nicest people I have ever met in my life and there is not a fake bone in her body! I have the UTMOST respect for her, if she tells you she is against or for something, she really is, and lives her life accordingly. She is genuine, warm and works every day to make the world a better place. She is infectious and makes you want to be a better person. Joi and I became friends because she would come in and ask me questions about grammar or how I taught something (see, I remembered, Joi) and eventually we just began to talk about everything. Then Joi, Jeannie and I began to have pow wows in my classroom after school, and we just kept getting closer and closer. I know that I will always be friends with Joi. I can't imagine not having her as my friend, so we'll always call each other, hang out, and continue to gossip and support each other through all of the weird stuff that happens to each other. But. I will miss having our morning chats each day, exchanging looks with each other at lunch when someone else has upset us, visits between class, hanging out for an hour after school, and giving each other rides to our cars so we can have 5 more minutes to talk and then calling each other when we are on the way home to finish the conversation. I'll miss sitting and talking to each other while we're sponsoring the STEPp team, and going to chaperone prom and homecoming and riding in floats as class sponsors. Joi~ I love you very much and hope that you enjoy your new school, but I will miss the joy you brought to me each day at EHS. I'm glad we became friends- I know I always give you crap about teachers not really being positive role models-but you have been a positive role model and inspiration to me since I've known you.

1 comment:

Joi said...

I love you Melissa! You are too sweet and I'm so honored to have you as my friend, more importantly as my bff ;-)!

You are an inspiration to me and everything you said about me, goes right back at you. I don't know how next year I am going to survive without our daily interactions, but I am sure we will be the best of friends for life. You have come to be my "person" (you know that connectionwe always talk about) if you know what I mean!

I ♥ you.