A superMAN that is! I think my Dad is the most perfect man on the planet. He has such a good heart that it is unbelievable to me. He sacrificed so much to make our family wonderful. He has put in countless hours at the steel mill where he has worked since he was 18 along with other jobs that were not fun or rewarding. He did all of this for me, my mom and my sister. I know that he just wanted the best for me that he could give. And he gave it with an open heart. My Dad is very patient. He has always been patient with me and my many whims, ideas, rants and craziness. I still see this same patience when he is with my own children. He made sure that we have everything that we needed and most of what we wanted when we were growing up. Now, he still keeps watch over me and makes sure that I'm OK as an adult. I know he got a kick out of me telling my friend "My Dad can fix anything" one time when I was little. I still believe this with all of my heart. Not only things around the house, but when bad situations come up that get you down in life, he's always there to pick up the pieces. I have been so proud of my Dad in the last several years as my family has been hit with some hard things in life. He has stood strong and been a rock for all of us through thick and thin. I'm glad that I lucked out in life and got the parents that I did. So Dad, if you read this- I love you with all of my heart and I am very proud of you for being you. You're my hero and you always have been, even though neither of us knew it between my ages 12-20.....Happy Father's Day!
Saturday, June 14, 2008
My Dad is SUPER!
A superMAN that is! I think my Dad is the most perfect man on the planet. He has such a good heart that it is unbelievable to me. He sacrificed so much to make our family wonderful. He has put in countless hours at the steel mill where he has worked since he was 18 along with other jobs that were not fun or rewarding. He did all of this for me, my mom and my sister. I know that he just wanted the best for me that he could give. And he gave it with an open heart. My Dad is very patient. He has always been patient with me and my many whims, ideas, rants and craziness. I still see this same patience when he is with my own children. He made sure that we have everything that we needed and most of what we wanted when we were growing up. Now, he still keeps watch over me and makes sure that I'm OK as an adult. I know he got a kick out of me telling my friend "My Dad can fix anything" one time when I was little. I still believe this with all of my heart. Not only things around the house, but when bad situations come up that get you down in life, he's always there to pick up the pieces. I have been so proud of my Dad in the last several years as my family has been hit with some hard things in life. He has stood strong and been a rock for all of us through thick and thin. I'm glad that I lucked out in life and got the parents that I did. So Dad, if you read this- I love you with all of my heart and I am very proud of you for being you. You're my hero and you always have been, even though neither of us knew it between my ages 12-20.....Happy Father's Day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Ironically, I thought of your dad yesterday too. We went to see Indiana Jones and your dad looks so much like Harrison Ford, at lease I think so anyway. Anyay, I think your dad is pretty awesome too - I've always loved how much he adores your mom - great post!
Um-I just noticed, after looking at your blog several times for updates {you know how it goes} that you made your dad's face the face of superman....hehe!
Post a Comment