Friday, June 20, 2008
the tooth fairy
Well, I am another year older and my son is proving that to me. Richie lost a tooth the other night and I forgot to play the role of the tooth fairy and stick the money under his pillow. He brought the tooth in the next day and started whining about it, so I figured he's 10 now, he should probably know the truth. I told him that there was no tooth fairy, he got a huge grin on his face and said, "Yeah, I've known that for about a year now. I just didn't want the money to stop." Thus is my son. So I said, "Well, what other secrets do you know?" He said, "OK, the same goes for Santa and the Easter Bunny too. This doesn't mean I don't get presents and candy anymore does it?" At least he's to the point. Of course, after I assured him that this doesn't change anything, and threatened him to not tell Stephen, I had some tears. This means my "baby" is gone. There's no more magic for him, and late nights listening for some magic fat man to come sneaking in our house, or a fairy to fly into his room. I couldn't stop hugging him for a while. I don't know how he grew up so fast. It seems like yesterday that I was teaching him to walk. I won't miss the tooth fairy or Easter bunny as much as I will miss Santa. I absolutely love to play Santa. At least I have a couple of years left with Stephen and the magic. Unless Richie tells.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment