Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Cleaning up the landscape





I worked outside today and tried to clean up my landscape. After my friend Joi asked me what the heck I had growing on the corner of my landscape, and it was a big gigantic weed, I figured I needed to get my butt out there. Today was the first day that I have had a chance to do so. Well, quite overgrown it was! First of all, there were like 5 "weeds" (I think they might be trees) that were growing that had roots so thick I had to get a hacksaw to cut. I tried to pull them out the best I could, but finally just ended up cutting down what was visible. I'm sure they'll be back to visit again. I got rid of a lot of the balloon flowers that were totally taking over my landscaping in the front- much to the dismay of Stephen who likes to walk along and pop them before they open. I got rid of the weeds, thinned other things out, and dead-headed some things that needed it. It looks a ton better. I am worried about my red dogwood bush. It looks like something is getting to it bad. I'll have to scope things out on the internet and try to find a solution.

No comments: