Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Mt. Olympus

Today we changed resorts. Not because we were unsatisfied with the other one, but we had finished everything we could at the other one. Now we're at Mt. Olympus resort. There is a waterpark and theme park indoors and a water park and a theme park outdoors. This place has everything a human being could want....There are the parks, arcades, shops, restaurants, a spa, etc. etc. Very cool. While we were in between hotels, we went to the Wisconsin Deer Park. This place is amazing!!!! I loved it and so did the kids. It is very similar to the exotic animal park that used to be in Springfield MO, except you walk through instead of drive through. Deer attack you for the food, sort of like goats do in the petting zoos, but deer are not quite as forceful as the goats! After that, we rode the Mark Twain river cruise along the Wisconsin river again. Same tour company, same announcements, same jokes. It was pretty, but kinda boring after riding the power boat. Anyway, we ate after that, then checked in to the Mt. Olympus resort. Richie had a bad headache and I was wiped out, so I stayed in the room with him while Rich walked around with Stephen to check the place out. After they came back it was time for our family comedy show/hypnosis show. I did NOT enjoy this activity...Richie had picked it out, but it was so cheesy it was unreal. I do NOT recommend this or the place called Top Secret if anyone comes here....Here are some pics from today:

Our room at Mt. Olympus, 2 queen beds and bunk beds for the kids:


the kids love the bunk beds even though they have had bunk beds themselves:

Me and the kids petting the deer:

Ummmm...this is me and a deer- Dad...I don't know how you can kill these things. I want one for a pet!

No comments: