So Stephen went with me last night. I figured if I had to leave a show, it could be this one and he's been wanting to go with me, so that was that. Richie said he'd rather go when there's a "story and not just a bunch of songs". It was the 90 Years of Muny Magic review last night. I loaded him up on treats- a snow cone, a licorice whip and a drink. Everything was great until the super super tall man sat down in front of us. Then, even though the show hadn't started yet, he kept saying "I can't see".
Well, he was in the good seat- that guy blocks out everything and I couldn't see either. But, I told him that I would let him sit on my lap once it got going. Next year, I'm going to switch seats or nights or something. I can't stand to sit behind that guy anymore!
The show started, he didn't like the licorice whip, and the fidgeting began. To be honest, the songs that they chose were not my favorites, and so about halfway through the first act, I said, "Let's move back away from the people so we can see." We went up to section C that had a good chunk of seats open. We stayed there through the first half and then left.
He was pretty good all in all. I think if it had been a show that had a plot he would have done better and then there's that tall guy. He's a real pain in my butt this season. Anyway, it was fun to just get to chat with him on the way there and back and before the show. He's pretty hilarious and was more amazed at the planes in the sky. I had him convinced that they were UFOs with their lights on.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment