He was hilarious when he was coming out of surgery, and kept asking what he was drinking. When my Mom told him it was Pepsi, he would say, "Wow! That's good shit!" He did that like 5 times. He was also very concerned about the blood pressure band around his arm and couldn't quite understand what it was. He was higher than a kite and I was laughing hysterically in the recovery room. When he got back to my house he sat down on the floor to play with the kids and the second I turned around he was passed out on the floor asleep. The kids said, "look MOM!" and pointed to him and laughed too. I wish to God I would have had my camera in the recovery room to take a video of how funny he was. I only had my cell, and I don't know how to get those videos onto my computer.
Thursday, July 3, 2008
dupuytren's contracture
My Dad had his surgery today to fix his hand. He has Dupuytren's contracture. It is a hereditary disease, that is mostly found in those of Scandinavian descent. The skin begins to harden and thicken on the palm of the hand and then knots of tissue form bands that begin to pull the finger down. It can be painful- which it was getting to be for my Dad. This is what it looks like:
He was hilarious when he was coming out of surgery, and kept asking what he was drinking. When my Mom told him it was Pepsi, he would say, "Wow! That's good shit!" He did that like 5 times. He was also very concerned about the blood pressure band around his arm and couldn't quite understand what it was. He was higher than a kite and I was laughing hysterically in the recovery room. When he got back to my house he sat down on the floor to play with the kids and the second I turned around he was passed out on the floor asleep. The kids said, "look MOM!" and pointed to him and laughed too. I wish to God I would have had my camera in the recovery room to take a video of how funny he was. I only had my cell, and I don't know how to get those videos onto my computer.
He was hilarious when he was coming out of surgery, and kept asking what he was drinking. When my Mom told him it was Pepsi, he would say, "Wow! That's good shit!" He did that like 5 times. He was also very concerned about the blood pressure band around his arm and couldn't quite understand what it was. He was higher than a kite and I was laughing hysterically in the recovery room. When he got back to my house he sat down on the floor to play with the kids and the second I turned around he was passed out on the floor asleep. The kids said, "look MOM!" and pointed to him and laughed too. I wish to God I would have had my camera in the recovery room to take a video of how funny he was. I only had my cell, and I don't know how to get those videos onto my computer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment