Monday, May 5, 2008
Feliz Cinco de Mayo
I really do not like party days at school. I try to make it something fun, but in the end it seems all the kids want to do is go nuts. I tried to have a cinco de mayo party for my students today. My Spanish 3 classes ordered pizza- I know, real cultural- and my Spanish 1 students did chips and salsa. I played "Find Napoleon 3" pictures with Spanish 1 and for all of my classes we did "Bowling for Frenchmen". Most classes seemed to like the bowling. I guess I will be teaching Spanish 1 and 3 again next year, which is good news to me. I will miss my current Spanish 3 students and it would have been fun to go up to 4 with them, but I'm sure I'll get some cool Spanish 3 students next year. I'm pretty excited to find out that Lila Downs is going to be coming back to St. Louis in March of 2009!!!! I had a wonderful time at her last concert and really really love her music. I will have to send out the notice to see who wants to attend the next concert with me! As far as the weightloss program goes, today, day 3 went pretty good. I had a thing of yogurt and fruit for breakfast, I drank a thing of propel fitness water and had 2 slices of pizza for lunch, and I haven't had an after school snack, but instead I'm drinking some protein water. I'm not sure what we'll be having for dinner, but I intend to go on a walk afterwards. I haven't had soda all day long. Wow! That's a new one for me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hi Melissa!
Love you...good luck with your header ;-)
Hey Mel! I think it's great you are posting blogs now. You always have something interesting and fun to say! I love you and hope to see you again soon! I'll be checking your messages often! Good luck on the weight loss - I know you can do it!!!
Post a Comment