
I am the luckiest daughter in the world. My Mom has always been there for me through thick and thin. She is the type of Mom that I hope to be- fun, firm and faithful. She was fun because we would play games and go to six flags and she would put up with wild slumber parties. She always laughed when she was the subject of a practical joke and she let us skip school just to make cookies sometimes. She was firm because we couldn't get by with anything- she always knew when we were up to something and put a stop to it. She kept her word with punishments and she taught us how to be civilized adults. She made sure we succeeded in life and didn't get too far off of the path. She was faithful in the fact that when we did hurt her feelings or do something terrible, she may have freaked out for a while, but she was still by our sides to pick up the pieces. I am so proud of my Mom, and proud to call myself her daughter. She has stood firm through a lot of crap this last 5 years or so. She was strong when she took care of my grandma when my grandma got sick. It took everything out of her to do it, but she did a wonderful job. Then, she found out she had cancer this past fall. She went through her treatments and the accompanying sickness and still found time to ask to keep the grandkids to spend the night. She doesn't have any more cancer left in her now and she's going through radiation to make sure that it doesn't come back. She has turned out to be a lot stronger than I ever thought she was. I'm so proud!
No comments:
Post a Comment