Saturday, May 31, 2008

Melting together with friends




I just returned from melting a lot of food with my friends at the Melting Pot and having a wonderful time doing so! We celebrated my friend Paige's graduation from her graduate program (way to go Paige!). Of course, with the yayas, there must be food involved! So, we headed out for a 3 hour excursion and a 4 course meal. The cheeses were divine and started the evening off well. Then, the salads came and I had the spinach salad- probably one of the best salads I've ever had. Then, the main feast came with about 12 different types of meats and sauces and vegetables. Mmmmmmm. But....the best was saved for the very last. Dessert. And I mean dessert! 2 pots of melted chocolate (one turtle, one amaretto white chocolate) and a variety of marshmallows, pound cake, fruit, rice krispies treats, brownies, cheesecake, all for dipping into these heavenly chocolate concoctions. Amazing!!!!! I don't think I have eaten so much in my entire life at one setting and still wanted more. Of course, I couldn't have fit any more in my stomach, but it was hard to stop! Here are some pictures of my ya yas and the meal itself. Bon appetite! I love love love my girls!

No comments: