Monday, May 19, 2008

Rock in the ear

My kids never cease to amaze me. Richie and Stephen were playing in the rock box outside and Richie came in and said that he thought he had a rock stuck in his ear. I'm not sure how someone goes about getting a rock stuck in the ear, but I looked and almost didn't see it, but sure enough he had one pretty deep inside. I wasn't sure if I should take him to the ER or what, but I got the tweezers and pulled the rock out. He seemed OK. That kid seems to get weird things stuck in all parts of him, like the gear up his nose when he was little. It seems like there's been a few other things along the way too.
Today, I did the airplane simulator activity with my spanish 3 kids and they seemed to like it. I had a blast myself, and always think it is fun to make-believe situations with them where they actually have to "use" the language in a life situation vs. a school situation. My Spanish 1 kids decorated pinatas today. They did a fantastic job working and cleaning up, so that made my life a lot easier. I really will miss this group of kids next year and hope that I get a similar group next year.
We went to 6Flags yesterday and it was a beautiful day. I did get a little sunburned, but we had a good time. I'm looking forward to the rest of this week because I have a lot of fun activities coming up. Wednesday evening is the American Idol finale party- Thursday I'm hanging out with a friend of mine- Friday I have possible plans for a dance show- Saturday a going away party for 2 friends from work. Rich will have the kids camping on Thursday and Friday, so I get to hang out with some friends. Busy, busy busy!!!

No comments: