Tuesday, May 6, 2008
I'm so nuts
So, I get a call last night about 9:00. I'm laying in bed half asleep (9:00 is late for me) watching TV. I answer the phone, miss half of what the guy says, but I hear "Do you know (insert name of my friend)"? I said yes, I do know her. He says well, she put you down as a reference. Can you tell me about her? So I proceed to tell him how wonderful of a teacher she is, that she makes wonderful lesson plans, that she gets along well with the kids, I'm really laying it on thick with teacher talk. Anyway, then he says thanks and we hang up. I immediately call the friend and tell her that I didn't know who, but someone just called about her and was asking about her. Well, she has been looking for a job and can't remember where she's applied and I didn't hear the first part of the conversation so I don't know who it is. So we hang up and she promises to call me if she hears anything. 10 minutes later, she calls me back and it was a landlord asking for a reference for her for a new apartment!!!!! This guy must have thought I was nuts or on drugs or something, because I kept talking about her wonderful lesson plans and "the kids" liking her.... She doesn't have kids, but he probably wondered if she was trying to hide some from him!!! Anyway, we had a good laugh over that one. Calling me after 8 = I might not know what the heck you're saying.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
ha! loves it! ;-)
LOL! I only have one thing to say about this one...I AGREE...as you didn't remember the phone call about the birth of Sophie, since it was during your REM sleep at 10:30pm!
Post a Comment