Sunday, May 4, 2008

Missing Grandma


May 2 was two years since my Grandma died. I miss her every single day of my life. I think that she was just about perfect in every way. I try to have her same attitudes towards accepting people as they are. I want to be as kind to others as she was and I hope that I hold my family together the way that she did. She loved butterflies and had a song that fit every occasion. She loved me very much and always let me know that. She made every person feel as if he was the most important person in her life. She was selfless and thought of others before herself. I loved going to yard sales and Walmart with her. I loved rocking on her rocker on her lap with her and she would tip us all the way back until we fell over. She would stay up watching Saturday night videos with us every weekend (before MTV ever came out!) and she made every holiday special. We climbed trees together, walked up to Adams' store together, told stories about the little Indian on the sign outside her bedroom window at night and solved all of the world's problems together. As I got older she was patient with me while I went through the teenage dramas and as an adult she was right there by my side through everything. I'm happy that I took her to places with my kids in the summers and I'm happy that they both still remember her. I could write a book about her and probably should because to me, she was and still is one of the greatest people that ever existed. She'll always be the apple of my eye and the sunshine of my life.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

As you were able to write this blog about how meaningful your grandma was to you...I'm sure she would have been able to sit down and write the same wonderful things about how meaningful you were to her. I'm sure she's looking down on you now and very proud of who you are!